Indian Won Cricket World Cup 2nd Time on 2nd April 2011
What happened today in the pages of history? Is it something special that has changed today’s present and also the future of the future? Those important people who influenced the country and the world. Which important people today were born on April 2 and who passed away today. So let’s go on this journey of history …
Know More What Happened on 2nd April in Past Years
- In 1679, the Mughal ruler Akbar finished the Jizya tax.
- British Punjab was established in 1849.
- The first motion picture theater opened in Los Angeles in 1902.
- Rail traffic started from 1905 between the Egyptian capital of Cairo and Cape Town in South Africa.
- The famous scientist Albert Einstein gave a lecture in New York City in 1921 about the theory of his new relativity.
- Congress dismissed the proposal of the Cripps Mission in 1942.
- Astronaut Rakesh Sharma became the first Indian astronaut to go under the mission Soyuz T-11 in 1984.
- India won the World Cup in 1983, won the World Cup for the second time in 2011 on the day itself.
- American singer and songwriter Bob Dillon accepted the prestigious Nobel Prize for Literature in 2017.
- In 2017, Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated the nation’s longest, Chennai-Nashi road tunnel to the nation in Jammu and Kashmir.
Born on 2 April
- Goa’s famous freedom fighter T.B. Cunha was born in 1891.
- Classical singer Big Ghulam Ali Khan was born on 1902.
- Actor Roshan Seth was born in 1942.
- Famous film actor Ajay Devgan was born in 1969.
- Tennis player David Farrer was born in 1982.
Passed away on April 2
- Peshwa Balaji Vishwanath passed away in 1720.
- Cricketer Prince Ranjit Singh died in 1933 in Jamnagar of Gujarat
- Pope John Paul II, one of those who took over the Vatican’s highest office, died in 2005.